Pineapple Tropical Fruit LoafFrom lor 7 years ago
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tsp, baking soda shopping list
- 2 tsps. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 (8 1/4 oz.) can crushed pineapple, undrained shopping list
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 3 small) shopping list
- 1/3 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick) shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup chopped macadamia (pecans or walnuts work) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray one 9-inch loaf pan or 4 mini loaf pans with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix the dry ingredients together and set aside. Combine pineapple, banana and orange juice on another small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar together, add eggs and beat well.
- Add a small amount of the flour mixture alternately with the fruit mixture, mixing only enough to moisten the flour.
- Stir in the nuts and pour batter into pan(s).
- Bake for 55 mins to 65 mins (about 35 minutes for mini loaf pans). Test with toothpick.
- Cool on wire rack 10 minutes and remove from pan and continue to cool on rack.
- Adapted from a recipe from: A Taste of Aloha by The Junior League of Hawaii
- Note: This fruit loaf is really nice and moist and has a pineapple-upside-down-cake-like texture. You can add 1/4 cup of sweetened flaked coconut to half the batter (so I had 2 mini loaves with coconut and 2 without). If you like coconut, add 1/2 cup to the recipe. The loaves with the coconut take longer to cook. Just check for doneness with a toothpick.
People Who Like This Dish 11
- SweetPistachio Nowhere, Us
- foodcrazy100 King Of Prussia, PA
- orangeskipper Redding, CA
- carmenperez Hormigueros, PR
- silentwriter Middleburg, PA
- shirleyoma Cove, OR
- mizzgreeneyez2001 Brooklyn Park, MN
- dixiejet Downsville, LA
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- jlv1023 Plymouth, WI
- Plus 1 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating4 people
Sounds Oh so good, love these type breads. Great post. Thanks!henrie in Savannah loved it
This looks sooo goodorangeskipper in Redding loved it
Sounds sooooooooo good!! got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Muffins, Quick Breads, Scones and Biscuits281 members
Christmas All Year181 members
All Holidays135 members
Pot Luck Entertaining102 members
Gluten Goodies Come And Get Em6 members
Sweet Treats15 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members
SUMMERTIME SCRUMPTIOUS SENSATIONS25 members
Parties Potluck And Picnics18 members
Christmas Is Coming55 members