Asparagus MornayFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 1-1/2 pounds asparagus trimmed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup half and half cream shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons crushed butter flavored crackers shopping list
How to make it
- In a skillet cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp tender then drain.
- Arrange spears in the bottom of a greased 1-1/2 quart baking dish then set aside and keep warm.
- In small saucepan melt butter over low heat then add flour and cook and stir for one minute.
- Whisk in cream, bouillon, nutmeg and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat then cook and stir for two minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted.
- Pour over asparagus then sprinkle with cracker crumbs.
- Broil 6 inches from the heat for 5 minutes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!