Julies Crock Pot KormaFrom julesong 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs or 2 cups cubed boneless skinless chicken breasts or skinless boneless turkey breasts shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked white rice shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes shopping list
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms (optional, but very tasty!) (optional) shopping list
- 4 tablespoons smooth cashew butter (warmed in microwave to soften) shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne, to taste shopping list
- 3 teaspoons turmeric shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 3 teaspoons ground cardamom shopping list
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup half-and-half shopping list
How to make it
- Stir together all ingredients except for the coconut milk and half and half in the crock pot.
- Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or until rice is tender, stirring well every couple of hours.
- 30 minutes before serving add in the coconut milk and the half and half, stir well, and let cook for another 30 minutes (you can add more half/half or chicken broth if the mixture needs more liquid).
- Makes about 4 servings.
- You can also add cauliflower pieces into the recipe to stretch it and it tastes great! I've also added cubes of extra firm tofu when I add the coconut milk, and those taste great, as well.
- Note: I recommend using a type of rice that stands up well to slow-cooking, such as Uncle Ben's; Thai rice, for instance, will turn into mush if it slow cooks for too long. I've always added it at the beginning, but you could also try adding it after a couple hours, too. Either that, or cook the rice separately and you'll have lots of tasty sauce for the meal! (A lot of folks who've made and enjoyed this at RecipeZaar cook the rice separately.)
People Who Like This Dish 30
The Cookjulesong Seattle, WA
The Rating3 people
I agree with Sunny! Sounds fantastic, gotta make this one!shirleyoma in Cove loved it