Chicken Khorma For CrockpotFrom deedeec 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic, crushed shopping list
- 2 tsp garam masala shopping list
- 1 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp black cumin seeds, finely ground shopping list
- 1 tsp cardamom seeds, finely ground shopping list
- 1 tsp coriander, ground shopping list
- 1 tsp almonds, ground shopping list
- 1 can coconut milk shopping list
- 8 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless shopping list
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 8 small-medium red potatoes, 1/2" cubes shopping list
- 2 cups frozen peas shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped shopping list
- 4 oz green chilies, chopped (canned) shopping list
How to make it
- In spice grinder, or with mortar and pestle, grind cumin seeds, cardamom, coriander, and almonds to a powder. (If you don't already have these ground)
- Mix the ginger, garlic, garam masala, chili powder, salt, and powdered spice mixture with 2/3 cup coconut milk.
- Layer bottom of crockpot with potatoes and onions. Lay chicken breasts on top of bed of potatoes and onions. Pour spice and coconut milk mixture over chicken. Cook in crockpot on low for about 5 hours. Don't stir!
- Add chilies, cilantro, and peas. Cook 1-2 hours more (till potatoes are tender)
- Stir in remaining coconut milk. The curry will thicken nicely and be creamy.
- Serve with rice or by itself.
- Yes, it's a little more labor intensive than most crockpot meals, but it's delicious and th labor is spaced out through the cooking process.