Cream Cheese Basil SauceFrom momofonesofar 7 years ago
- 1 pound spaghetti or fettucini shopping list
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dry basil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dry parsley shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened or 1 cup yogurt Cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil or other oil shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2/3 cup boiling water shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the spaghetti in a big pot of boiling, salted water. When it is tender, drain it well, and return it to the pot. While the spaghetti is cooking prepare the sauce. In a big bowl use a fork or a whisk to mash together the margarine, basil, parsley and cream cheese. Mash it until it is smooth and creamy. Add the Parmesan, olive oil, garlic, pepper and salt to taste. I prefer it salty, but others may not. Continue stirring it all up until it is creamy again. Now add the boiling water. I dip it out of the boiling spaghetti with a metal measuring cup, but you could measure it, and boil it separately in the microwave or on the stove if you preferred. Pour the boiling water in slowly and mix it all up until the sauce is the consistency of thick cream. Pour the sauce over the cooked spaghetti and toss it all together until it is well mixed. Serve in large bowls with a green salad.
The Cookmomofonesofar SC
- Not added to any groups yet!