Glazed Apples With Cream SauceFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 6 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 6 apples shopping list
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 lemon juice only shopping list
- 2 tablespoons applejack or calvados shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg shopping list
- Cream sauce: shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Use medium to large sized apples.
- Choose apples that are good for baking.
- Peel core and thinly slice then apples.
- Melt butter in heavy skillet.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes turning often.
- Serve warm with sauce.
- To make sauce whip 1 cup heavy cream until soft peaks form then fold in powdered sugar and nutmeg.