Rolo Chocolate CookiesFrom henrie 5 years ago
- 2-1/4 cups flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 2 tsps. vanilla shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 48 Rolo caramels, unwrapped (9-oz. pkg.) shopping list
- Heat oven to 325. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off . shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 325. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off . In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cocoa; blend well.
- *In large bowl, beat 1 cup sugar, brown sugar, and margarine until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs; beat well. Add flour mixture; blend well. Stir in 1/2 cup of the pecans Chill dough for a little while to stiffen. For each cookie, with floured hands, shape about 1 tablespoonful dough around 1 carmel candy, covering completely.
- In small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup pecans and 1 TBSP sugar. Press one side of each ball into pecan mixture. Place, nut side up, 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 325 for 10 minutesor until set and slightly cracked.Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely on wire rack.