Easy Baby Bok ChoyFrom danalynn 9 years ago
How to make it
- Trim the bottom of the baby bok choy stalks and separate the leaves.
- Wash thoroughly (this is important! Baby bok choy is often sandy/dirty) and drain.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add the oil.
- When oil is hot (but not smoking), add the ginger and garlic. Stir fry ~2 minutes.
- Add the baby bok choy, soy sauce (or tamari), and fish sauce to the pan. Stir fry ~5 minutes until bok choy greens are wilty but stalks are still a little crunchy.
- Add sriracha (or other hot sauce) or red pepper flakes.
- **Notes** This will look like a lot of baby bok choy, but it wilts and reduces in size as you cook it! ** I like the dark green and wrinkley-leafed bok choy with white stems (called white bok choy) but I'm sure the lighter green, green-stemmed bok choy (Shanghai bok choy) would work here just as well ** Add more garlic if you like it garlickier, more ginger if you want it gingerier, more soy sauce if you want it saltier or more soy-sauce-flavored, or a little more fish sauce if you want more complexity and a richer flavor.
The Cookdanalynn Brooklyn, NY
The Rating5 people
I love this flavoring with Kale, the only difference is I use Olive Oil. Your right so so good with noodles. I'm going to rate it a 5 on good faith it tastes just as good as when you make it with Bok Choy.invisiblechef in loved it
Nice, I combined the baby bok choy with some broccoli. The two went together well.tinc0ils in Alameda loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!