CRAB CAKES OR FRITTERS BY ALTON BROWNFrom recipediva 8 years ago
- 1 cup lump or backfin crabmeat shopping list
- 1 cup special crabmeat (small pieces white crabmeat) shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 lemon, juiced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs shopping list
- vegetable oil, for frying shopping list
- If using a deep fryer, heat vegetable oil to 375 degrees F. shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl combine the crabmeat, mayonnaise, and pepper.
- Form into either 1-ounce balls for fritters or into 3-ounce cakes. Roll in the panko to evenly coat.
- Deep-fry the fritters in until golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes or pan-fry the cakes in 1 to 2 inches of 375 degree F vegetable oil until golden brown and flip to brown on the other side about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Drain both on a tray lined with paper towels.
- Serve immediately
- Yield: 4 to 6 cakes, 16 fritters