Stuffed Green PeppersFrom momofonesofar 6 years ago
- 6 big green peppers shopping list
- 2 cups cooked rice shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- 1 medium egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dry onion shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 15 oz can tomato sauce shopping list
How to make it
- First cut the tops off of the peppers. Scoop out the seeds too, making nice hollow packages. Next get out a big bowl. In it combine the cooked rice, raw hamburger, egg, milk and seasonings. Mix it all up with your hands, making a nice soft filling. Stuff the peppers with this meat and rice filling. Do not pack the stuffing down, just sort of coax it in gently. You ought to have enough filling to just fill each pepper almost full. Place the stuffed peppers in a baking pan or casserole. Pour the tomato sauce over top of everything. Bake at 375° for about 50 minutes. The meat will be brown throughout, and the peppers will be tender.
- This is the only stuffing I use for peppers because it is so good and so easy to make. You could also stuff eggplant or zucchini with it too, if you felt so inclined.