Beef and Mushroom StroganoffFrom momofonesofar 8 years ago
- 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic shopping list
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 3 beef bouillon cubes shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose white flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup cold water shopping list
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups yogurt or sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Fry up your meat in a large skillet. Drain off any fat if necessary. Break the meat up into small bits as you cook it. Add the onion, garlic and mushrooms. Sautè all together until the onions and mushrooms are tender. Add the water, beef bouillon, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, combine the white flour and 1/2-cup cold water in a small jar with a good lid. Screw the lid on and shake the mixture until the flour is dissolved into the water. Pour this slurry into the boiling mixture on the stove. Simmer for a few minutes to thicken. Remove the skillet from the heat and allow it to sit until all boiling stops. Stir in the yogurt or sour cream. Mix well. Serve over egg noodles.
The Cookmomofonesofar SC
- Not added to any groups yet!