East Meets West Vietnamese Pork BurgersFrom darbar 10 years ago
- 1 lb. lean ground pork shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 2 green onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoon peanut or other mild vegetable oil shopping list
- pinch of sugar shopping list
- a few drops Tabasco sauce, or a pinch of cayenne pepper shopping list
- hoisin sauce shopping list
- large whole green lettuce leaves – romaine works well shopping list
- ½ cup or so of roasted peanuts, coarsely ground shopping list
- a handful of cilantro, coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Mix meat with garlic, onions, soy sauce, peanut oil, sugar and Tabasco or cayenne.
- Form into patties and grill until cooked through.
- Serve each grilled patty spread with hoisin sauce, wrapped in a leaf of lettuce, sprinkled with peanuts and cilantro.
- These are delicious exactly as described, however, you could spread the hoisin sauce inside a pita bread and insert the patties into it along with the lettuce for a more conventional burger experience.
The Cookdarbar Brevard, NC
The Rating4 people
Yummy. Yummy. Yummy. Can't wait to try these delights.chefmeow in Garland loved it
I was just thinking of trying somthing like this! Thanks!hollymayb in Baltimore loved it
I like it! There is a large Vietnamese community here and I've had meat patties served in lettuce leaves. This one is really good!tazoncaffeine in Manchester loved it