Shepherds Pies With Potato parsnip And Squash ToppingFrom caramia 7 years ago
- Filling shopping list
- 2lbs of beef chuckroast,trimmed,cut into 1ins pieces. shopping list
- 2 1/2 tblsp olive oil,divided shopping list
- 1 cup diced oinion shopping list
- 1cup chopped peeled carrots shopping list
- 1cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1cup drained canned tomatoes shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves,chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp tomatoe paste shopping list
- 2bay leaves shopping list
- 1tsp chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 14 oz can low salt chicken broth shopping list
- 1 14 oz can beef broth. shopping list
- TOPPING shopping list
- 1 cup 3/4 ins pieces peeled parsnips(4oz) shopping list
- 4 cups 3/4 ins pieces russet potatoes,Peeled.(3lbs) shopping list
- 1 cup 3/4 ins pieces peeled butternut squash(4oz) shopping list
- 2tblsp (1/4 stick)butter shopping list
- 1 large bunch swiss chard,ribs cut away. shopping list
How to make it
- FOR FILLING.
- sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.Heat 2 tblsp oil in heavy large pot over med heat.Working in 2 batches,add meat and saute until browned on all sides (about 7 min per batch)using slotted spoon transfer meat to a bowl,add remaining 1/2 tblsp oil to the pot;add oinion and saute 5 min add carrots,celery,tomato,garlic,tomato paste,bayn leaves and thyme;stir 1min stir in both broths and browned meat bring to boil.reduce heat low,cover and simmer until meat is very tender,stirring occasionally about 1 1/2 hours.
- Mix butter and flour ina small bowl to blend.whisk into beed mixture and bring to a boil.Season filling to taste with salt and pepper.
- FOR TOPPING
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil.add parsnips and cook 2 min.add potatoes and squash and cook until all vegetables are very tender,about 10 min longer.Drain ,return vegetables to pot,add butter
- and mash until almost smooth.Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F.Stir swiss chard in to hot filling and cook unbtil chard wilts,about 3 min.Divide filling among four 2 cup remekins or souffle dishes.
- Spread warm topping over filling in each remekin,dividing equally,bake until filling is bubbling at edges and toppingbegins to brown,about 30 min.
The Cookcaramia US.
- Not added to any groups yet!