Hot and Sour Chinese EggplantFrom mystic_river1 5 years ago
- 2 long Chinese eggplants, cubed shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon white sugar shopping list
- 1 green chile pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon chili oil, or to taste shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Place the eggplant cubes into a large bowl, and sprinkle with salt. Fill with enough water to cover, and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Rinse well, and drain on paper towels.
- In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, red wine vinegar, sugar, chile pepper, cornstarch and chili oil.
- Set the sauce aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Fry the eggplant until it is tender and begins to brown, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour in the sauce, and cook and stir until the sauce is thick and the eggplant is evenly coated.
- Serve immediately.