Chicken noodle soupFrom hooch 7 years ago
- 1 barbecued chicken shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 4 green onions, finely sliced shopping list
- 2 cups chicken consomme shopping list
- 2 cups salt-reduced chicken stock shopping list
- 175g fresh Singapore noodles, chopped shopping list
- 420g can sweet corn kernels, drained shopping list
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Remove skin and meat from chicken carcass. Discard skin and bones. Finely slice or shred meat and place in the fridge until required.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add green onions and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Add consomme and stock. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add noodles. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add corn kernels, chicken and soy sauce. Stir until well combined and cook for 2 minutes or until chicken and corn is heated through. Serve with dinner rolls.
- Note: Consomme is a light, full-flavoured stock available in supermarkets. You can use a different chicken stock or water if you don't have any chicken consomme on hand.