Chili Spiced ChickenFrom craftyazgirl 7 years ago
- 1 medium yellow onion, quartered shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 2 tablespons chili powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 4 oz each) shopping list
- ------------FOR THE SALSA---------- shopping list
- 2 cups canned black beans, rinsed an drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
How to make it
- To prepare salsa, in a medium bowl, combine beans, bell pepper, red onion, cucumber, lime juice, vinegar and cumin. Mix well. cover with plastic wrap; set aside.
- In a blender or food processor fitted wih th metal blade, process yellow onion and garlic until smooth.Add chii powde, cumin, and lime juice; proces until a paste forms.
- Spread chili paste over both sides of chicken. Place chicken. Place chicken n a shallow dish. Cover with plastic wrap and mrinatefor 10 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. line broiler pan with foil. Broil chicken, 4 inches from heat, turning once, until cooked though and no longer pink about 12 minutes.
- Cut chicken, on diagonal, into thin slices.
- Spoon salsa evenly onto 4 serving plates. Fan chicken over salsa.
- Serve immediately.