decadent Banoffee pieFrom hooch 8 years ago
- For the base: shopping list
- 100g (3½oz) butter, melted shopping list
- 250g (9oz) digestive biscuits or plain sweet shopping list
- For the caramel: shopping list
- 100g (3½oz) butter shopping list
- 100g (3½oz) dark brown soft sugar shopping list
- 397g can condensed milk shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 4 small bananas shopping list
- 284ml carton double cream, lightly whipped shopping list
- cocoa powder, for dusting shopping list
- You will also need: shopping list
- 20cm (8”) loose-bottomed cake tin, greased and based lined shopping list
How to make it
- To make the base, process the biscuits until like fine crumbs then tip into a bowl. Stir in the melted butter. Press the mixture into the base and 4cm (1½in) up the sides of the tin. Chill the base while you make the filling.
- To make the filling: place the butter and sugar into a non-stick saucepan over a low heat, stirring until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves. Add the condensed milk and bring gently to the boil, stirring continuously to make the caramel. As soon as it thickens, remove from the heat. Spread the filling over the biscuit base, cool, and then leave to chill for about 1 hour, until firm.
- To serve, remove the pie from the tin and place on a serving plate. Slice the bananas; fold half of them into the softly whipped cream and spoon over the toffee base. Decorate with the remaining bananas and dust liberally with the cocoa.
The Cookhooch New Zealand, NZ
The Rating6 people
My husband absolutely loooooves Banoffee Pie! Thanks!!!leroux in Surfside Beach loved it
heaven!kahlee in Other loved it
Awesome...... Although I know it went straight to my thighs....Tamzin in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!