Pollo alla DiavolaFrom vanessa 10 years ago
- 1 chicken cut into pieces, or 6 chicken breasts shopping list
- 4 or 5 medium red creamer potatoes, sliced into 6-8 slices per potato shopping list
- 1/2 onion diced shopping list
- 4 - 5 cloves of garlic sliced shopping list
- Whole roma tomatoes cut into strips shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup white wine shopping list
- italian seasoning shopping list
- salt/pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Drizzle some olive oil in the bottom of a large flat baking pan.
- Lay the potatoes flat across the pan covering the entire pan with a single layer that overlaps slightly (like fish scales). Salt / pepper the potatoes.
- Layer the garlic and onions over the potatoes evenly.
- Layer the tomatoes on evenly but not solid (I use the ones I canned in August, but any canned Roma will do).
- Salt, pepper, and drizzle a bit of olive oil over it all. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning on.
- Place the chicken on top of all of this and salt and pepper each piece. Drizzle some olive oil over the chicken (I have a bar pour spout on my olive oil). Pour white wine around the edge of the pan.
- Put it into the oven for 30 to 45 minutes. I served this with freshly baked Focaccia.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookvanessa Middleton, WI
- Not added to any groups yet!