Smoked Salmon with Apple GlazeFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2 fresh salmon fillets shopping list
- 3/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate thawed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 6 pecan wood chunks shopping list
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly melted shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse fish well and pat dry then place in a shallow glass dish.
- In a small bowl combine thawed apple juice concentrate, rosemary, pepper and salt.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of the marinade then pour remaining marinade over fish and turn to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or up to 2 hours.
- At least 1 hour before smoke cooking soak wood chunks in enough water to cover.
- Drain before using.
- Drain fish discarding marinade.
- Arrange preheated coals, drained wood chunks, and water pan in preheated smoker.
- Pour water into pan then place fish on grill rack over water pan.
- Cover and smoke for 1-1/2 hours brushing with reserved marinade after 1 hour of smoking.
- Just before serving drizzle fish with melted apple jelly.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!