Out of the Box Hearty Beef-and-Potato CasseroleFrom elaina253 9 years ago
- 1 package (5.1 oz.) scalloped potatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 2 Tbs. butter shopping list
- 8 oz. sliced fresh carrots shopping list
- 1 pkg. (17 oz.) precooked beef tips with gravy shopping list
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained shopping list
- 1 Tbs. red-wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 Tbs. italian seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- vegetable cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 425°F. In a large glass bowl, prepare scalloped potatoes for baking (using 2 cups boiling water, 1/2 cup milk, and 2 Tbs. butter). Place bowl in microwave and cook 5 minutes; stir and cook 5 minutes more. Set aside. In a medium bowl, microwave carrots and 1 Tbs. water, covered, for 5 minutes.
- In a 1 1/2- or 2-quart baking dish, stir together beef, cooked carrots, drained tomatoes, and vinegar. Spoon potato mixture over beef mixture, and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Spray top with vegetable cooking spray. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until hot and bubbly.