Chicken KapamaFrom debra47 7 years ago
- 3 1/4 pounds of cut up chicken shopping list
- 1 1/4 ounces of butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil shopping list
- 6 ounces of chopped onion shopping list
- 9 ounces of chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 5 tablespoons of tomato paste shopping list
- 4 tablespoons dry red wine shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 4 tablespoons chicken stock shopping list
- Had to convert from metric to imperial so adjust accordingly if you want more of a certain flavor. shopping list
How to make it
- In a big frying pan, brown the chicken all over in the butter and olive oil.
- When it's golden all over, remove from the pan and pour off all but about 1 tablespoon of the fat.
- In the fat, saute the onions a bit.
- Then add the tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, garlic, spices and chicken stock.
- Stir it all together and bring to a simmer.
- Add the chicken back to the frying pan.
- Turn the burner to lowest heat.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer for another 30 minutes and then serve.