Shrimp RisottoFrom ivy 9 years ago
- 1 finely chopped onion (or preferably blended making sure it is not creamy) shopping list
- 1 whole clove of garlic (peeled but not chopped) shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 500 gr. rice (preferably Arborio) shopping list
- 1 pack of frozen shrimps, (medium size) without the shell (needless to say that you can use fresh shrimps and any size you like), about 1 kilo after removing the shell shopping list
- ¼ glass white dry wine shopping list
- 0,25 gr., of saffron preferably from Kozani (best quality) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- broth we have boiled the shrimps shopping list
- parsley shopping list
How to make it
- After having all our ingredients ready, we boil the shrimps for only 5 minutes.
- In a big frying pan we put the oil, just to cover the bottom of the pan, the chopped onion and garlic clove (which we remove at the end) and stir on medium heat until the onions start having a slightly golden color.
- We add the rice and stir constantly until it is flavoured. We then dissolve the saffron in the wine and pour in the saucepan until the alcohol evaporates, add salt and pepper and start pouring the broth, a spoonful at a time until it is absorbed and continue until the rice is ready but still al dente, a few minutes before it is ready add the shrimps.
- We serve the rice sprinkling some finely chopped parsley.