Cabbage BreadFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup finely shredded red cabbage shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely shredded green cabbage shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat yogurt shopping list
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate shopping list
- 1/4 cup applesauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup powdered buttermilk shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional) shopping list
- 1/8 tsp cloves shopping list
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the cabbage in a small bowl and toss it with lemon juice.
- In large measuring cup or medium bowl, combine the yogurt, orange juice concentrate, applesauce, powdered buttermilk and egg, blending the ingredients well.
- Stir in the cabbage.
- In large bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cloves, and ginger, mixing them well.
- Gradually add the cabbage mixture to the flour mixture and mix the ingredients until they are just combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Cool completely before slicing.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
Looks like I'm the first to rate this excellent recipe. I don't know why because it sure caught my attention. I know from reading the ingredients that it will taste amazingly delicious. Thanks so much for submitting it Jo_Jolor in Toronto loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
On A Budget559 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Good To Freeze128 members
Comfort Foods773 members
The Breakfast Club442 members
Weight Watchers282 members