Classic ColeslawFrom oldgringo 7 years ago
- 4 cups shredded cabbage shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated white onion shopping list
- 1 cup shredded or grated carrot shopping list
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar shopping list
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fine ground white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- The name, coleslaw, is derived from the Dutch words "kool," meaning "cabbage," plus "sla," meaning "salad." I offer for your enjoyment the classic coleslaw recipe, Aunt Ro's Coleslaw recipe and my own recipe, Richard's Coleslaw, a slaw without mayonnaise.
- Prepare the vegetables by slicing, shredding or grating very thin.
- Toss the vegetable ingredients to mix well.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the vinegar, mayonnaise, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Fold the dressing into the tossed vegetables and refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours.
- May be made ahead. Toss occasionally to keep the dressing distributed over the vegetables.
The Cookoldgringo Cottonwood, AZ
The Rating3 people
This sounds great!jencathen in loved it
I made this tonight. I'm super picky about my coleslaw sauce. It's usually too sweet, not sweet enough or too bland.
This was absolutely PERFECT for me! I loved all the flavors and just the right amount of sweetness. I did substitute the s...morejencathen in loved it
quick and easy homemade!it's the best!!!
carol leeleebear in Brookpark loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!