Classic ColeslawFrom oldgringo 6 years ago
- 4 cups shredded cabbage shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated white onion shopping list
- 1 cup shredded or grated carrot shopping list
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar shopping list
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fine ground white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- The name, coleslaw, is derived from the Dutch words "kool," meaning "cabbage," plus "sla," meaning "salad." I offer for your enjoyment the classic coleslaw recipe, Aunt Ro's Coleslaw recipe and my own recipe, Richard's Coleslaw, a slaw without mayonnaise.
- Prepare the vegetables by slicing, shredding or grating very thin.
- Toss the vegetable ingredients to mix well.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the vinegar, mayonnaise, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Fold the dressing into the tossed vegetables and refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours.
- May be made ahead. Toss occasionally to keep the dressing distributed over the vegetables.
The Cookoldgringo Cottonwood, AZ
The Rating3 people
quick and easy homemade!it's the best!!!
carol leeleebear in Brookpark loved it
This sounds great!jencathen in loved it
I made this tonight. I'm super picky about my coleslaw sauce. It's usually too sweet, not sweet enough or too bland.
This was absolutely PERFECT for me! I loved all the flavors and just the right amount of sweetness. I did substitute the s...morejencathen in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!