Potato-Corn PattiesFrom coffeebean53 8 years ago
- 8 small potatoes, peeled and quartered shopping list
- 1/4 c. whole or skim milk shopping list
- 1 large egg white shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 c. fresh or frozen corn kernels shopping list
- 2 green onions, including tops, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 pickled jalapeno, cored, seeded, and finely chopped shopping list
- 2 TB flour shopping list
- 1 TB unsalted butter shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan of boiling unsalted water, cook the potatoes, covered over moderately high heat until tender., drain well.
- In a large bowl, using a food mill, electrix mixer or masher, puree the postatoes. (Do not use a food processor or they will be gummy) Blend in milk, egg white, salt and pepper, then fold in the corn, green onions, and jalapeno pepper. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until stiff enough to be shaped.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees (this is only to keep completed patties warm while cooking remainder) Shape a generous 1/2 cup of the potato mixture into a disc 3" in diameter and 1/2 " thick. Repeat until you have 8 patties. Dredge each pattie in the flour and shake off the excess. In a 10" nonstick skillet, melt 1 1/2 tsp. of the butter over moderate heat. Cook 4 patties for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Repeat with the remaining 4 patties and 1 1/2 tsp. of the butter.