Ratatouille PastaFrom hottamale 6 years ago
- 12 oz. whole wheat spaghetti shopping list
- 1 dried ancho or pasilla chile pepper shopping list
- 3 c. diced (1/2" cubes) unpeeled eggplant shopping list
- 2 t. olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced shopping list
- 2 cans (14 1/2 oz. each) stewed tomatoes, undrained, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 T. chopped fresh thyme or lemon thyme shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta until adente or personal taste.
- Meanwhile, heat a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the chile pepper; cook, turning occasionally until fragrant and toasted, about 2 minutes.
- Chop the chile pepper when cool enough to handle.
- Add eggplant to hot skillet; cook until browned, about 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add oil, then chopped onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes and chile pepper.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat & salt to taste.
- Drain pasta.
- Transfer to four serving plates & top with sauce.
- Garnish with the fresh thyme.