Baked Bbq Chicken CalzonesFrom kristopher 10 years ago
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast meat (shredded) shopping list
- 1 (10 ounce) can of refrigerated pizza crust dough shopping list
- 1/2 small onion (chopped) shopping list
- 2 tbspns fresh cilantro (chopped) shopping list
- 2/3 cups barbeque sauce shopping list
- 4 strips bacon shopping list
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Fry the bacon strips in a good sized skillet on medium-high heat until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and drain on paper towels/paper bags (don't drain your pan!). Then crumble the slices into bits. Add the shredded chicken and onion to the hot bacon grease left in the pan. Fry this mix up on medium heat until the onion is tender. Stir in 1/3 cup of barbeque sauce (this amount can be altered depending on how much BBQ sauce you prefer). Remove from heat. Now mix in the cooked up bacon bits.
- Roll your pizza crust dough out onto a greased up cookie sheet. Roll it out so it is pretty even all the way around and then cut it in half. Divide the chicken-bacon-onion mixture between the two pieces of dough. Be sure to only spread on half of each piece of dough to within 1/2" of the edge. Drizzle the remaining sauce over the filling. Now sprinkle your cilantro and cheese over the top. Fold the uncovered piece of dough over the filling side, and press the edges together with a fork to seal it up.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in your preheated oven (they will be nicely browned when ready). Cool for a couple of minutes and then cut each calzone in half to get 4 servings. Trust me, these are so rich and filling that one half of a calzone will be plenty for most people.
The Cookkristopher San Francisco, CA
The Rating7 people
We're a fan of BBQ Chicken pizza & I make it quite frequently; however I never would have thought to turn it into a calzone. Pure Genius! I can't wait to give these a try. This mom is sure to be a Rock Star for the day! :o)hottamale in Canton loved it
I used a Pineapple Chipotle BBQ Sauce in these and they were fantabulous! The kids loved them! YOU were the Rock Star! Thanks for the recipe.hottamale in Canton loved it
Gave this recipe to my friend and she said her family was really upset..... that she did not make MORE! It was a huge hit with her picky teens. Told me to give you a 5!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!