Agedashi TofuFrom wiffy 7 years ago
- Japanese tofu, 200g shopping list
- Grated white radish (daikon) shopping list
- spring onions, chopped shopping list
- Bonito Flakes shopping list
- cornflour shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1/2 cup dashi soup stock (konbu dashi) shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp mirin shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Wrap tofu in paper towels and squeeze out excess water.
- Cut the tofu to small squares (I cut a 200g block to 4 squares).
- Coat the tofu cubes with cornflour evenly.
- Deep fry the tofu in pre-heated oil (170C, 340F) for about 4 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Drain the deep fried tofu on tempura papers and then place them on serving plates.
- In a saucepan, bring the ingredients for the sauce to a boil. Pour the hot sauce over the tofu.
- Top each tofu with grated radish, bonito flakes and spring onions.