Velvet CakeFrom zena824 6 years ago
How to make it
- Cream butter; add sugar and cream well togeher.
- Beat in egg yolks and mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Stir soday into buttermilk and add to creamed mixture alternately with flour, blending well.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour into three greased layer cake pans and bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until done.
- Cool and frost with white frosting made from the egg whites left from the 2 yolks unded in the recipe.
- If baked in a loaf pan, bake at 325 degrees until done.
- I really think this cake can be cooked in a big 13 x 9 cake pan.... and put a chocolate icing on it.....