PosoleFrom thepiggs 9 years ago
- 2 14-1/2-ounces cans golden hominy, drained shopping list
- 2 small chilies, chopped shopping list
- 1 fresh poblano pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts , cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 4-5 cups chopped fresh tomatoes shopping list
- 2 14-1/2 ounces cans reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder or taco seasoning shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro shopping list
- Fat-free dairy sour cream (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Brown chicken in large pot, add onion and peppers, cook until veggies are soft. Add garlic and brown for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth and spices. Cover and simmer for at least 1 hour.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Serve with dollop of sour cream.