Country Creamed Ham On Corn BreadFrom craftyazgirl 9 years ago
- 1cup diced, cooked ham shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup warm milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon white peper shopping list
- 2 hard-cooked eggs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives shopping list
- corn bread shopping list
How to make it
- Use a ham slice or leftover ham. Trim off visble fat.
- Melt butter in a skillet. Add flour and cook over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Slowly stir in the milk and broth. Add pepper. No salt is needed as the ham is salty. Cook, stiring, until thickened.
- Quarter eggs. Add carefully with the ham to the cream sauce. Don't stir.
- Cut large squares of cornbread, heated if possible. Split.
- Spoon mixture over halves. Sprinkle with chives.