Sour Cream Banana BreadFrom dragonflylady13 8 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour two bread pans.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar and oil.
- Add eggs, bananas sour cream and vanilla; blend well.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt; stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour into prepared bread pans.
- Bake at 350 for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Cool completely.
- Wrap tightly and store in refrigerator.
- For Muffins:
- Prepare as above.
- Bake in muffin tin for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
People Who Like This Dish 13
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- Luisa1 Rancho Cucamonga, California
- SusieC Nowhere, Us
- sweetiememoirs Boyertown, PA
- janewillshire St Petersburg, FL
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- donnaja1231 Moffat, CO
- freckle Sydney, AU
- baybee7698 Springfield, MA
- rachldee Hudson, FL
- Plus 3 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookdragonflylady13 Wichita, KS
The Rating6 people
Yes, been waiting for this one, with oil instead of a solid shortening, and the sour cream...you're right, some others tend to be dry. Thanks for the great post!debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
i have made this recipe at least a half a dozen times now, its perfect every time and i shared it with everyone i work with and they love it. i usually add in some cinnamon as well just for extra fun.janewillshire in st petersburg loved it
03/21/16--I've seen this recipe floating around the internet for years. Most times the recipe is doubled, which is probably why the instructions written here say two bread pans. You certainly only need one 9x5 pan for this amount of ingredients!
moreCosmicmother in Canada loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!