Caribbean Reef ChickenFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens - halved or shopping list
- 12 chicken thighs, on the bone with the skin shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar shopping list
- 6 tbs. dark rum - divided shopping list
- 2 tbs. lime juice shopping list
- 2 tsp. lemon pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cloves - ground shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce (he uses PickaPeppa) shopping list
- 10 oz chutney - mango shopping list
- lemon - sliced as garnish shopping list
- Lime - sliced as garnish shopping list
- parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over washed and dried chicken. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, make Caribbean paste by mixing together sugar, 3 tablespoons of the rum, lime juice, lemon pepper, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, garlic powder, and hot pepper sauce; set aside.
- Place the chicken, skin side up, in a large shallow baking pan.
- Rub Caribbean paste evenly over the chicken.
- Bake in a 400°F oven for 45 minutes or until the chicken is fork tender.
- In a blender, place chutney and remaining 3 tablespoons of rum; process to blend.
- Spoon chutney mixture over chicken and bake about 5 minutes more or until chutney is warm and bubbly.
- Arrange chicken on a serving platter.
- Garnish with lime, lemon, and parsley.
- Serve with rice and green peas.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating2 people
Oh My... this recipe is one of my favorites from this place... thanks!!! wonderful, rated 5!berry in Winter Park loved it
Sounds great! As soon as I print it out I'm pulling the chicken out out the freezer. Thanks!!cabincrazyone in Duluth loved it
I made this with orange marmalade because my wife and I aren't big on Mango. It was superb!!!cabincrazyone in Duluth loved it