Chocolate Chip Neiman Marcus CookieFrom lor 9 years ago
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 3 Tbsps. granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1-3/4 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cream the butter with the sugars using an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy (approximately 30 seconds)
- Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract for another 30 seconds.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture at low speed for about 15 seconds.
- Stir in the espresso coffee powder and chocolate chips.
- Using a 1 ounce scoop or a 2 tablespoon measure, drop cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart.
- Gently press down on the dough with the back of a spoon to spread out into a 2 inch circle.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until nicely browned around the edges. Bake a little longer for a crispier cookie.
- Yield: 2 dozen cookies