Extravagant Old Fashioned Fudge Dated 1942From chefmeow 9 years ago
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2-teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate shopping list
- 2 tablespoons white corn syrup shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- In saucepan combine sugar, milk, salt, chocolate and corn syrup.
- Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Cook gently stirring occasionally until a mixture dropped into cold water forms soft ball.
- Remove from heat and drop in butter but do not stir then cool without stirring.
- Add vanilla then with spoon beat until candy loses gloss then add nuts.
- Turn into greased loaf pan then cool and cut into squares.