Basil Cream ChickenFrom bluexoxo 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced pimento peppers, drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Place milk and breadcrumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in the milk, then coat with breadcrumbs. In a skillet over medium heat, fry chicken in butter or margarine, on both sides, until the juices run clear. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add the broth to the skillet; bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in the cream and pimentos; boil and stir for one minute. Reduce heat; add the Parmesan cheese, basil and black pepper. Simmer and stir until heated through. To serve, pour the sauce over the chicken.