Twice Fried PlantainsFrom oanababy 10 years ago
How to make it
- In large skillet, heat oil until very hot.
- Peel and slice plantains into 1" pieces.
- Carefully fry plantain pieces about 1 to 2 minutes per side, until golden in colour.
- Remove plantain pieces from oil using slotted spoon and stand on end on a hardy surface. With the back of a wide wooden spatula, press down on each plantain piece until flattened to about half its previous height.
- Return plantain pieces to skillet and fry another 2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and sprinkle generously with salt. Best served immediately.