Chocolate Zuccini CakeFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups regular all-purpose flour, unsifted shopping list
- 1/2 cup cocoa shopping list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 3/4 cup soft butter shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel shopping list
- 2 cups coarsely shredded zucchini shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans shopping list
- glaze shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the four, cocoa, baking powder, soda, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
- With a mixer, beat together the butter and the sugar until they are smoothly blended.
- Add the eggs to the butter and sugar mixture one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- With a spoon, stir in the vanilla, orange peel, and zucchini.
- Alternately stir the dry ingredients and the milk into the zucchini mixture, including the nuts with the last addition.
- Pour the batter into a greased and flour-dusted 10-inch tube pan or bundt pan.
- Bake in the oven for about 50 minutes (test at 45 minutes!) or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes; turn out on wire rack to cool thoroughly.
- GLAZE: Mix together 2 cups powdered sugar, 3 Tablespoons milk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Drizzle over cake.
- Cut in thin slices to serve.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating5 people
This looks quite good,and they photos are awesome! Since our garden is overloaded with zucchini this year I will give your recipe a try...grumpybaker in Jacksonville loved it
Love the zucchini in this chocolate cake. That extra orange gives it a unique flavor.
High Fivetrigger in loved it