The ChurrosFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
- Ingredients: (Makes one platefull) shopping list
- vegetable or olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare to fry the churros by heating oil in a pan (1 to 1&1/2 inches) to 360 degrees F.
- To make churro dough, heat water, margarine and salt to rolling boil in 3-quart saucepan; stir in flour. Stir vigorously over low heat until mixture forms a ball, about 1 minute; remove from heat. Beat eggs all at once; continue beating until smooth and then add to saucepan while stirring mixture.
- Spoon mixture into cake decorators' tube with large star tip (like the kind use to decorate cakes). Squeeze 4-inch strips of dough into hot oil. Fry 3 or 4 strips at a time until golden brown, turning once, about 2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. (Mix Sugar and the optional cinnamon); roll churros in sugar or dump the sugar on the pile of churros, like the pros. .
- Note: REAL churros in Spain are made without cinnamon mixed with the sugar, but the cinnamon adds an extra nice flavor.
- Chocolate for Churro Dunking
- 4oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (also known as cornflour and is the powder that causes the thickening)
- 4 tbsp sugar
- Place the chocolate and half the milk in a pan and heat, stirring, until the chocolate has melted. Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining milk and whisk into the chocolate with the sugar. Cook on low heat, whisking constantly, until the chocolate is thickened, about five minutes. Add extra cornstarch if it doesn't start to thicken after 5 minutes. Remove and whisk smooth. Pour and server in cups or bowls for dunking churros. Do not pour over churros, but use the mix for dunking churros after every bite. Served warm.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!