Fried Frog LegsFrom basspro1o1 9 years ago
- 12 Skinned Frog legs (soaked in 1-2 teaspoons salt water for @ 5-10 minutes)While prepping other ingredients.**legs will quiver when placed in salt- Don't panic, its just nerves.)) kids usually love to add the salt.- and will over salt just to watch this. shopping list
- oil to Fry @ 2 -3 Cups in fryer or enough to cover legs(like frying chicken) shopping list
- 2 eggs (Beaten) shopping list
- 1 cup cornmeal shopping list
- 1/2 flour shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- Sliced lemons to garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Mix cornmeal and flour in separate container- set aside
- Remove legs, Dry with clean cloth.
- Season with salt ,pepper.
- Dip in Beaten Eggs, then Roll in cornmeal mixture.Cover legs Well.
- Drop in Oil heated to boiling point.
- Fry to a golden brown.
- Remove from oil and drain on absorbent paper.
- Lay frog legs in a serving dish and garnish with lemon slices.
- Try various coatings such as: Flour, Andys seasoning mix(very good), a Creole or Cajon. or Spice it up with a lil Red Pepper instead of Black Pepper. Have Fun!
- ** If you need to know how to catch the frogs just let me know:)