Texas HashFrom lovecats 10 years ago
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In large skillet cook and stir meat,onions
- and green peppers until meat is brown and vegetables are tender.
- Drain off fat.Stir in tomatoes,rice,salt,chili power and pepper
- Heat through.Pour into ungreased 2 quart casserole.Cover with
- foil(or lid)and bake 1 hour.
- I like to add about a cup of shredded Longhorn Colby cheddar
- cheese the last ten minutes or so.Cheese is not a standard
- ingredient in Texas Hash,but hey,in opinion,you can never go
- wrong with adding cheese!Lol.