Pecan Sour Cream Pound CakeFrom kmrhodes 8 years ago
- 1/4 c. Chopped pecans shopping list
- 3 c. cake flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 c. unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4tsp baking soda shopping list
- 3 c. White sugar shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 c. sour cream shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1 c. powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 tbls milk shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt or tube pan. Sprinkle pecans on bottom of pan; set aside. Sift together flour, salt, and baking soda into a medium bowl; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream. Pour batter over pecans in prepared pan.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven for 75 to 90 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 20 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- To prepare the glaze: In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, orange juice and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Drizzle over cake while still warm.