Real Chinese Sweet And Sour SoupFrom noir 8 years ago
- # chicken breast, ¼ lb thinly sliced shopping list
- # Fresh shitake mushrooms, 2 ozs shopping list
- # Chinese soy sauce, 1 tablespoon shopping list
- # beef broth, 8 ounces shopping list
- # rice wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon shopping list
- # sugar, 1 teaspoon shopping list
- # lemon juice, 1 teaspoon shopping list
- # corn starch, 1 and ½ teaspoons shopping list
How to make it
- Ok, mix the cornstarch with twice as much water, then the soy sauce and beef broth.
- Add that all to a saucepan and heat up over medium heat to a boil.
- Add the chicken (which should be really thinly sliced and given a light sprinkle with some sea salt) and the mushrooms, vinegar, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Give that about 5 minutes on medium low, then you're done.
- Simple and easy!
- Optional: Some people have been known to add Lo Mein Noodles or Bok Choy for color to the broth.
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating7 people
As always Noir, Excellent! Snappin' my dish towel and doing a twirl on this one! *smile*pink in USA loved it
This is a favorite....thanks for the reciperedkitchen in Murfreesboro loved it
Great taste!smooch in America loved it