Chocolate Chocolate Mint CheesecakeFrom shirleyoma 8 years ago
- * 1 box Thin Mints*, divided shopping list
- * 5 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- * 4 – 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened shopping list
- * 1 cup sugar shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon peppermint extract shopping list
- * 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted and cooled shopping list
- * 4 eggs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Crush enough cookies to make 1-1/3 cups crumbs. Cut remaining cookies into quarters and set aside. Mix crumbs with butter and press into 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar.
- Stir in extract and chocolate. Add eggs, one at a time. Combine until just blended. Stir in quartered cookies. Pour over crust. Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour or until all but very center is set. Run knife around edge of pan. Cool on wire rack. Once cooled remove pan rim. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- *Thin Mints are a mint-flavored chocolate cookie covered in chocolate.