Roast ChickenFrom apryll6203 6 years ago
- 1 (5 - 6 lb) roasting chicken shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- Fresh thyme reserve 5 sprigs shopping list
- 1 bulb of fresh garlic shopping list
- 1 big yellow onion( whatever kind of onion you like) shopping list
- lemons (3) shopping list
- kitchen string ( to tie legs) shopping list
- olive oil spray shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat to 425
- Remove all stuff inside the chicken, rinse chicken and pat dry. Place chicken in a roasting pan. Turn chicken over and squeeze a 1/2 lemon over the chicken and liberally salt and pepper it. Turn chicken over and tuck wing tips under the body of the chicken. Stuff the cavity with a bunch of thyme, 1 lemon (cut) , all the garlic (slice the top of the whole bulb, just exposing the tips of the garlic) and onion (quartered) . Squeeze the other 1/2 of the lemon over the top of the chicken and liberally salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with kitchen string. Take the remaining 5 sprigs of thyme and pull off the leaves and sprinkle on top of the chicken. Lightly spray the top of the chicken with olive oil.
- Roast the chicken for 1 1/2 hours, or til the juices run clear when cut between the thigh and leg. Cover the chicken with aluminum foil for about 20 minutes for resting period. (this is the time to tell all the kids to wash hands and toss a quick salad and plate the sides. Slice chicken and serve and listen to everyone tell you what a wonderful cook you are.
The Cookapryll6203 Cedar Park, TX
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!