Mexican Cheese DipFrom hooch 9 years ago
- 2-3 spring onions, minced or finely chopped shopping list
- ½ red pepper, minced or finely chopped shopping list
- 2 jalapeno peppers, minced or finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 400 grams whole peeled tomatoes in juice, chopped shopping list
- 125 grams cream cheese shopping list
- ¼ cup Cream shopping list
- 2 cups Grated Tasty Cheddar shopping list
- 1 ½ tblsp cornflour shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a dash of oil in a saucepan and cook the spring onions, peppers, cumin and coriander for 2-3 minutes until quite fragrant. Add the tomatoes to the saucepan and mash them down with a wooden spoon.
- Add the cream cheese and stir until melted. Add the cream, grated cheese and cornflour. Allow to cook over a very low heat, stirring all the time, until thickened and hot. Season with pepper.
- serve in large bowls with corn chips, crudités or other dippers.