Cinnamon RollsFrom mrsc 7 years ago
- • 1 cup warm milk (110 degrees F/45 degrees C) shopping list
- • 1 pkg active dry yeast shopping list
- • 2 eggs, room temperature shopping list
- • 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled to no hotter than 120 degrees) shopping list
- • 4 1/2 cups bread flour, sifted 1 time shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- • 1/2 cup honey shopping list
- • 1/3 brown sugar, packed shopping list
- • 2 tbs white sugar shopping list
- • 3 tbs ground cinnamon shopping list
- • 2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- • 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- • 4 oz cream cheese, softened shopping list
- • 1/3 cup butter, softened shopping list
- • 2 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- • 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- • 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk. Mix in the honey, butter, salt, and eggs.
- 2. Add flour and mix well. Knead the dough into a large ball, using your hands dusted lightly with flour. Put in a slightly greased bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour.
- 3. After the dough has doubled in size turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine sugars, cocoa and cinnamon.
- 4. Roll dough into a 16x24 inch rectangle. Spread dough with the butter and sprinkle evenly with cinnamon mixture.
- 5. Roll up dough and cut into 12 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 6. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- 7. While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and salt.
- 8. Left rolls cool slightly and frost them while they are still a little warm