Mussamum Curry PasteFrom trevorst 8 years ago
- 15 small dried red chili peppers shopping list
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric shopping list
- 2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup onion coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup garlic chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoon lemongrass (about 3 stalks) Chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh galanga or fresh ginger shopping list
How to make it
- Stem the chilies and cut them into small pieces.
- Place in a small bowl and add warm water to cover and let them soak for about 15 minutes until softened.
- Drain and set aside.
- Combine the cumin and coriander in a small, dry frying pan. Place over medium heat and toast the spices 1 to 2 minutes, stirring often, until fragrant and slightly darkened.
- Remove from the heat and tip out onto the plate.
- Add the pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, cloves, turmeric, and salt, and set aside.
- In a blender or mini food processor, combine the onion, garlic, lemongrass, galanga or ginger, 2 tablespoons water, drained chilies, and spices.
- Process to a fairly smooth, evenly colored paste, stopping often to scrape down the sides and grind everything well. Add a little more water as needed to keep the blades moving.
- Transfer the curry paste to a jar and seal airtight. Refrigerate until needed for up to 1 month.