Pickled Mustard GreensFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
How to make it
- In a small saucepan, combine 2 cups water, sugar, salt, and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then remove from heat.
- Cool slightly.
- Using a paring knife, trim stems of washed mustard greens from leaves.
- Cut stems into 2" pieces and place in a 1-quart measuring cup. Coarsely chop enough greens to fill the measuring cup when added to stems and packed down gently.
- Pack stems, leaves, and chiles into a clean glass 1-quart jar.
- Pour hot liquid onto greens, making sure that the stems are completely submerged.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 days before serving.