Rich Chocolate Chip Honey CakeFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 ½ cups whole-wheat pastry flour or spelt flour shopping list
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- ½ cup cocoa powder shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- ½ tsp chili powder shopping list
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1 cup honey shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2/3 cup prune or apple butter shopping list
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup Dr. pepper shopping list
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- ½ cup finely chopped, best-quality bittersweet chocolate shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10-inch tube pan.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, salt and spices into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Combine honey, oil, fruit butter and the sugars in the bowl of an electric stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the eggs, Dr. Pepper and vanilla; mix 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the flour mixture, beating on medium speed until incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate by hand.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool in the pan 20 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely.